Sabuj Sangha is a non-government organisation that originated as a social club in 1954 in the village of Nandakumarpur in the South 24 Parganas district of West Bengal. In 1975, it evolved as an organisation and was registered under the West Bengal Societies Act, 1961. In the 1990s, Sabuj Sangha adopted a participatory approach in empowering vulnerable communities through various social development programmes.
In 1992, the organisation was registered under The Foreign Contribution Regulations Act 1992. Over the next three decades, Sabuj Sangha expanded its operational areas to the districts of Kolkata, North 24 Parganas, East Midnapore, Nadia and Alipurduar districts. Sabuj Sangha works with a wide range of stakeholders including Indian and foreign funding agencies, corporate companies, trusts, institutions, and several departments of the Government of West Bengal. Sabuj Sangha has a strong network of longstanding individual supporters and well-wishers that grows year on year.
Howrah, South 24 Parganas, North 24 Parganas, Alipurduar, Kolkata, East Medinipur and Nadia District of West Bengal India
Our Thematic Areas